Locate Houses for Rent in East Greenbush, NY
A scenic and elegant town in upstate New York, East Greenbush offers a wide variety of things to do and places to go. Homes for rent in East Greenbush are just across the Hudson River and 5 miles from Albany, making the town an ideal suburban location for city workers who want to raise families outside the din of the metropolis.
Interesting Facts for Renters in East Greenbush
- Incorporated in 1855, the town was named for a Dutch term that referred to the pine woods that once covered its land. It's in Rensselaer County.
- Public transportation options abound in Albany. Amtrak provides regional rail service, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority offers local bus transit and the Albany International Airport ferries passengers around the country.
- The East Greenbush Central School District servers public school students from kindergarten through grade 12. It consists of five elementary schools, a middle school and a high school, as well as a private Catholic school and a Montessori school.
- Institutions of higher learning nearby include the College of Saint Rose, Siena College, Albany Medical College and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Top Resources for the East Greenbush Renter
- New in town? The town's official website is the first stop to learn about town organizations, the local government and community opportunities.
- Local news outlets such as the Albany Times Union and the Troy Record offer regional coverage of stories relevant to East Greenbush residents.
Things to Do in and Around East Greenbush
There are several beautiful natural areas in and around the town - residents can play at the Hampton Lake Town Park or take a walk along the Hudson River. Top Albany points of interest include the New York State Museum, the gorgeous Palace Theatre, the unique Egg theater and the Colonie Center, a mecca for shoppers.