96 Houses for Rent in Wappingers Falls, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Wappingers Falls House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Wappinger Falls, NY
Wappinger Falls is a small village in Dutchess County in New York that's perfect for families looking for homes for rent. Wappinger Falls is located near Poughkeepsie and Fishkill and is only a short walk or drive away from the banks of the Hudson River. Once a mill town and covered in farm land, Wappinger Falls is now a quaint suburban town with opportunities for community involvement and the arts.
Fun Facts About Wappinger Falls
- In addition to hosting a large collection of books and other services, Wappinger Falls' Grinnell Library is the 6th oldest of such buildings in the entire state. Constructed in 1867 by Irving Grinnell, the library was remodeled in 2008 to feature a more energy efficient interior.
- Wappinger Falls is named for the nearby rapids section of the Wappinger Creek. That same source of water separates the towns of Wappinger and Poughkeepsie, which Wappinger Falls straddles.
- The Wappingers Historical Society provides information on the first Native American settlers of the area, the powerful families of the village's early days and ways that residents can participate in the preservation of history.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Families with children should explore the Wappingers Central School District website for information on which school will be best suited for their children's education.
- The Dutchess County website can help residents of the area find job opportunities, news about laws and government, contact information for their elected officials, schedules for public transportation and many other municipal services.
What to Know About Wappinger Falls
For any family looking for a quiet place to raise children, Wappinger Falls may be the perfect location.