Discover Houses for Rent in Asheville, NC
Asheville is a bustling city in Buncombe County, only 30 minutes from the nearby city of Hendersonville. Families searching for homes for rent will find a city with a thriving artistic community surrounded by breathtaking mountain views.
Facts for Renters
- In 1797, pioneers such as Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett began to explore the city. At that time, Asheville served as a crossroads of Indian trails on a plateau with mountains and rivers on all sides. The establishment of the city's railroad in 1880 transformed Asheville and Buncombe County into a therapeutic health center.
- The city is known for its architecture, featuring a combination of Neoclassical styles, Art Deco and Beaux Arts.
- Downtown Asheville is one of the most unique in the state. It has over 30 art galleries, a world-class culinary scene and is a hot spot for live music.
- Zip line canopy tours allow residents to explore the endless beauty of the mountains in the air. Countless species of rare plants and wildlife can be seen on the mountaintop ridges as you soar through the vast landscape.
- Senior Treks is a low-impact hiking club for older residents in the area looking for fun, leisurely hikes through various mountain trails.
- The Basilica of St. Lawrence was completed in 1909 and is one of Asheville's most popular architectural designs. Renowned architects - Rafael Gustavino and Richard Sharpe Smith - designed the Catholic church with the largest freestanding elliptical dome in the U.S.
Resources for Renters
- Want to explore more of Asheville's rich history? Visit the city's website.
- For those looking to become more involved in the local school district or to find out about school events, the Asheville City Schools website has the contact information and news you're looking for.
- Residents rely on The Citizen-Times for local and international news stories.