Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Wendell, NC
Wendell is a North Carolina community that's directly adjacent to the state's capital city, Raleigh. This places the community within Wake County, and homes for rent in Wendell offer residents access to a number of quality amenities, parks, stores, churches and more, which go into making the environment of the community perfect for raising a family.
Historical Facts About Wendell
- Wendell's origins are rooted in the tobacco industry. Tobacco farmers came to the area of Wendell in the 1850s.
- An early educational facility in the area was the Wendell Academy, which was referred to as Rhodes School until it was renamed in 1891.
- The community was officially incorporated in 1903. The town's incorporation laid the ground for development in the community, including an increase in the town's population and an uptick in businesses in the community.
- Wendell derives its name from the poet Oliver Wendell Holmes.
- The first paper in town was called the Wendell Clarion, established in 1911. Subsequent papers included one called the Gold Leaf Farmer.
- Wendell's first post office was founded in 1891. The post office was restored by the Wendell Historical Society and residents can visit the location today.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Delving into Wendell's official website will be an invaluable step for new renters. There's information on a wide variety of community items, such as the town's departments, its government, business, calendar of events and more, allowing residents to become aware of the vast number of services available to them while living in Wendell.
- Specific information about the business community in Wendell can be found on the site for the Wendell Chamber of Commerce. The chamber also has information events, contact information and more.
- The Wake County Public School System's has excellent information about education in the area.