407 Houses for Rent in Knightdale, North Carolina
Number of Bedrooms
Knightdale House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Knightdale, NC
Knightdale is part of Wake County, located directly east of Raleigh and northeast of South Carolina, close to the Virginia border. Families searching for homes for rent will have access to a number of quality places in town, including Knightdale Station Park, Mingo Creek, Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-BQ, Harper Park, Knightdale Baptist Church and many more.
Interesting Facts About Knightdale
- The Tuscarora Native Americans were some of the earliest inhabitants in the area.
- Wake County was established in 1771. Before this, the area had been under the control of Johnston County.
- Farming was a crucial component of Knightdale's early economy. Staple crops that were grown in the community included cotton and tobacco. Minor crops that were grown on the side were corn and vegetables.
- A population increase occurred in the area after the Civil War ended. The nearby city of Raleigh grew significantly, while Wake County made some changes to the county, creating distinct townships.
- A railroad came to Knightdale in the early 1900s, helping to boost the development of the community.
- The community was officially incorporated in the spring of 1927. This helped bring businesses to the town.
Resources for Renters
- Knightdale has a detailed and informative website that renters can peruse. A feature called "In the Spotlight" lists a fun fact about the town. Other pages and features on the site include "Latest News," which provides updates on notable occurrences in the town.
- Wake County Public School System has a website with numerous pages geared to parents, such as "Community."
- The website for Knightdale Chamber of Commerce will be a go-to source for residents eager to learn about the business community in the city. The business directory, chamber events and economic development are prominent features on the site.