Explore Houses for Rent in Sylvania, OH
Located just south of the Ohio-Michigan border, Sylvania is as far north as you can go in Ohio. This city is a suburb of Toledo and only an hour's drive away from Detroit, which means homes for rent are never far from the natural beauty that once covered the area or the modern conveniences that make life as luxurious as possible.
Fun Facts About Sylvania
- Founded in 1836, Sylvania was named for the dense forest of trees that once covered the land. Since cut down, the city still has the distinction of being named a "Tree City" by the Arbor Day Foundation for its thriving population of flora.
- The Highland Meadows Golf Club has offered world-class golfing opportunities for the residents of Sylvania since 1925. With 18 holes spread across just under 7,000 yards of manicured tee boxes, fairways and greens, Highland Meadows is the perfect local spot for a quick morning round or family get-together at the on-site banquet hall.
- Sylvania plays host to the Great Black Swamp Frogs Base Ball Club, a group of historical reenactors who play baseball according to the rules in 1860. This means no gloves, pitches must be thrown underhand and all players must wear period-appropriate dress.
Important Resources for Sylvania Renters
- The City of Sylvania's official website has important information and contact links for visitors, residents and businesses. From city ordinances to public safety, the site is regularly updated with the latest news to make life in Sylvania as convenient as can be.
- For a city its size, Sylvania has an unusually robust education system. Seven elementary schools, three junior high schools and two high schools provide all the educational opportunities children in Sylvania could ever ask for.