Find Houses for Rent in Bountiful, UT
At the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and east of Interstate 15, Bountiful is the 15th most populous city in Utah. Bountiful is north of Salt Lake City and south of Ogden, near several major nature areas including the Unita-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area and Great Salt Lake. Homes for rent are perfect for commuters because of the proximity to these and other major cities, as well as the Salt Lake City International Airport and nearby rail transportation. Bountiful itself is a large residential city with plenty of parks, a downtown retail space and the breathtaking view of the mountains.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Bountiful was first established as Session's Settlement in 1847 when Perrigrine Sessions headed north from the recently established Salt Lake City for farm land. It became a popular stop for those headed north, was named Bountiful and became a city later in 1892. Bountiful got its name from a city of the same name in the Book of Mormon.
- Bountiful's strong city government makes it great for families. Since coming into existence in 1892, the city worked quickly to get water, paved roads and electricity. Although these services are now standard, the city works just as hard to help and supports its citizens.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children growing up in Bountiful are part of the Davis School District. Despite its name, many of the schools are conveniently located in Bountiful, including Bountiful High School.
- Bountiful's local newspaper is the Davis Clipper. It serves Davis County, which Bountiful is a part of.
- The official Bountiful website can help residents with everything from knowing upcoming local events to important municipal information.
Live in Bountiful
Bountiful is known regionally for its lush gardens and landscapes, all of which can be seen best from points higher in the mountains.