Find Houses for Rent in Centerville, UT
Abutting Great Salt Lake's eastern shore and the Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area, Centerville is a city at the foot of the Wasatch Range. Centerville is just north of Bountiful on Interstate 15 between Salt Lake City in the south and Ogden to the north. Sandwiched between two major nature reserves on the east and west, families will have ample space to hike, bike and play - not to mention spend time in the parks in the city, like Smoot Park or Community Park. Homes for rent in Centerville give families a place to live that's composed mainly of residential neighborhoods, but there's also a convenient retail area near the interstate.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Centerville, like many communities in Davis County, began in the late 1840s when exploring parties from the recently founded Salt Lake City headed north for more land.
- Centerville is named for being exactly between the two existing communities of Bountiful and Farmington when it was founded.
- The city is proud of its reputation as a "bedroom community," saying that people may work in Salt Lake City, but they want to live in Centerville. The 14-mile drive from Centerville to Salt Lake City takes about 20 minutes on I-15. The Utah Transit Authority also operates a nearby bus.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The county seat for Davis County, where Centerville is located, is in Farmington. The local newspaper is The Davis Clipper.
- The Davis School District is the governing body for the schools in and around Centerville. Despite this regional organization, Centerville has several schools in its limits.
Centerville's official website is a great tool featuring city history, contact information and newsletters.
Live in Centerville
Centerville is a safe, suburban community in a great location for everything from daily commutes to weekend trips and winter skiing.