Find Houses for Rent in Lowell, AR
The city of Lowell borders Bentonville and Rogers. Individuals looking for homes for rent who have a taste for history and a love of small-town charms will find themselves enamored with Lowell.
Facts for Renters in Lowell
- The city of Lowell has gone through several name changes. Originally, it was called Robinson's Cross Roads. This was later changed to Bloomington, then Camp Benjamin. The city was then destroyed during the Civil War, rebuilt, and again named Bloomington. It then eventually gained the name it has today.
- Lowell is affectionately nicknamed "Mudtown" due to the deep ruts that often became very muddy in the rain during the early days of the city. This mud would trap stage coaches, forcing them to wait until the mud dried to move on.
- The infamous Jesse James once stayed in the Bloomington Hotel for a winter, where Missouri sheriffs couldn't apprehend him. He became a frequent visitor to the city, eventually robbing the Bank of Lowell.
Resources for Renters in Lowell
- Renters who want to learn about the Mudtown Days festival schedule can find it at the official website.
- Information for parents about the school systems can be found at the pages for the Rogers and Bentonville school districts, where children from Lowell attend school.
- The Lowell government page can give renters details on various departments, activities and services within the city.
Attractions in Lowell
For kid-friendly entertainment, renters can check out Fast Lane Entertainment. This facility offers bowling, party rooms and an arcade. This makes it perfect for birthdays and other celebrations. The city also hosts a yearly Mudtown Days festival. One of the biggest events in town, it has pageants, food, games, concerts and fireworks to celebrate the city's history and pride.