Find Houses for Rent in Rogers, AR
Rogers, a city in northwest Arkansas, is growing fast, just like the communities around it. The city rose to prominence because of the railroad, but is also in a great location for car travel. Homes for rent in Rogers are just north of Springdale and Fayetteville on Route 71. Joplin, Mo., is nearby, about an hour northwest. Despite its good location, many families may not have to worry about commuting because of the industries and businesses in the city, like Tyson Foods and Glad Manufacturing.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Rogers wasn't settled until 1830, although the land became part of the U.S. following the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. After decades of farming for subsistence and cash crops, and following regional destruction during the Civil War, Rogers began to develop into the city it is today in 1881 following the installation of the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad.
- Sam Walton built his first Wal-Mart in Rogers in 1962. Walton, his family and his company have since expanded all across the U.S., but Wal-Mart and its related industries have continued to thrive in Rogers.
- Beaver Lake was also created in the '60s when the man-made Beaver Dam was constructed. This large body of water, which abuts the Pea Ridge National Military Park and Hobbs State Park/Conservation Management Area, has become a vacation destination for nearby towns.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Renters should check out Rogers' tourism website. Although renters will be there longer than the average vacationer, this site has tons of excellent ideas for activities in the city.
- Although less fun than the tourism page, the city's official website has more important links for things like departmental contact information.
Rogers Public Schools have been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as some of the best in the country.
Live in Rogers
Rogers offers families a diverse community with economic prosperity right next to a beautiful vacation destination.