Explore Beautiful Houses for Rent in Agoura Hills, CA
Next to Thousand Oaks is the scenic beauty of Agoura Hills. Homes for rent in this area are perfect for those who want a lively music scene or recreational opportunities.
Facts for Renters About Agoura Hills
- The earliest forms of commerce in the area centered around ranching, especially of cattle and sheep. Later, there would be a turn toward other forms of agriculture. Popular crops included wheat, celery and lettuce.
- Agoura Hills has had many names since its founding. When it was still just a railroad stop, it was known as Vejar Junction. Later, it was called Picture City. Eventually, the name Agoura Hills was picked for an early landowner.
- The city often struggled with getting enough fresh water to its citizens. This was solved in 1963, when water started to be piped from nearby. This caused the city's popularity to skyrocket and brought visitors and new businesses.
Resources for Renters
- At the Agoura Hills website renters can sign up for text alerts, view a calendar of events and meetings, and read the municipal code.
- The region has its own branch of the County of Los Angeles Public Library, which offers many online services.
- The city is known for being home to many musical performances. Renters who want a taste of the acts available can look at the Web page for the Canyon Club, one of the region's most popular venues.
Attractions Near Agoura Hills
This city sits at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains, and has plenty of choices for renters who like to stay active. Hiking, biking and camping are all within easy access of Agoura Hills. Residents can also explore local beer and wine companies, like LAB Brewing or Cornell Winery.