Find Your Next House for Rent in Simi Valley, CA
Simi Valley is a city located in California's Ventura County. It's almost halfway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. As the third-largest city in the county, Simi Valley puts those living in homes for rent close to everything that Southern California has to offer. Whether it's good schools, a convenient commute or recreational activities, you'll find everything you're looking for in Simi Valley.
Interesting Facts About Simi Valley
- The city was incorporated in 1969. It operates under a general-law/council-manager form of government.
- Two Chumash Native American settlements used to be in Simi Valley. They were called Shimiji (or Shimiyi) and Ta'apu. A third settlement called Kimishax was also nearby.
- Some people believe Shimiji is where they city's name comes from.
- The official city tree is the coast live oak, while the official flower is the California wild rose. The Chumash ate the acorns and rose hips from both, respectively.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- The City of Simi Valley website is a great place to start researching what it's like to live in the community. The site has everything a new renter needs to get familiar with the area, including parks and recreation information, online services, department contacts and upcoming events.
- The Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center has all kinds of useful links that renters can use to see what's going on in the city and surrounding area. With news and events, a business directory and all kinds of facts about the city, you'll have everything at your fingertips.
- Parents should check out the Simi Valley Unified School District's site for more information about the educational offerings in the area. It has details about each school, schedules and registration information.