Explore Houses for Rent in Exeter, CA
Exeter is a farming city nestled between the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Visalia. Individuals will love the scenic views and countryside lifestyle that homes for rent there provide.
Facts for Renters About Exeter
- Native Americans once populated the nearby oak forests. Exeter was a plain perfect for hunting and gathering back then, since it was filled with wild game like elk and deer.
- D.W. Parkhurst bought the land that's now Exeter to build a depot town for the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1888. He named it after his hometown of Exeter, England. As he developed the city, grapevines and fruit trees were planted. To this day, Exeter is known for growing Emperor grapes and naval oranges.
- Exeter encourages arts within the city. There are dozens of murals adorning walls all around the region, and it's been dubbed "One of America's prettiest painted places."
Resources for Renters
- The City of Exeter's Web page gives renters information on local departments and services and also allows them to pay bills online.
- Renters can use the Exeter Chamber of Commerce website to see upcoming events, local attractions and area businesses.
- To stay up to date on news, sports and weather, renters can subscribe or read the website for The Foothills Sun-Gazette, which serves the city and surrounding communities.
Attractions Near Exeter
This peaceful city embraces the rural lifestyle. Renters can attend events like Fourth of July in the Park at the Exeter City Park. There's also The Nutcracker Ball in the winter, and the Emperor Grape Festival. For awe-inspiring natural beauty, renters can visit the Sequoia National Forest, which offers elevation up to 12,000 feet in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and lets individuals bike, hike and horseback ride among the world's largest trees.