Find Dream Houses for Rent in Grass Valley, CA
Grass Valley is located just south of Nevada City. It has homes for rent in a region full of history dating back to the California Gold Rush. There's also a strong sense of community that renters are sure to enjoy.
Facts for Renters About Grass Valley
- In the late 1800s, the majority of Grass Valley residents worked in mines that ringed the city. Mining and logging were the biggest industries in the county at the time, and mills were working to crush the ore and extract the gold all but one day a year.
- Some famous names come from Grass Valley, such as Jonathan Dayton, who directed "Little Miss Sunshine," the guitarist for The Turtles, Jim Tucker, and Chuck Yeager, who was a fighter pilot and the first man to travel faster than sound.
- Many of the miners who came to Grass Valley during the Gold Rush were Cornish, as the tin mining industry there was fading and the two trades used the same skills. The city still celebrates its Cornish heritage today.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can check out all that Downtown Grass Valley has to offer at its website, which lists businesses, events and restaurants.
- Grass Valley and the surrounding areas get their news from The Union newspaper, which is available in print and online.
- At the Grass Valley Police Department Web page, renters can request records, read up on how to prevent crime and find out how to volunteer to keep the city safer.
Things to Do in Grass Valley
Grass Valley has several vineyards that renters can go to for wine tastings. For a taste of local history, there are events like Grass Valley Gold Rush Days. Renters can also explore the Sierra Festival of the Arts, the Thursday Night Market and Street Festival and Cornish Christmas to see the culture of the community in action.