Explore Wonderful Houses for Rent in Paramount, CA
There are a multitude of great homes for rent in Paramount, Calif., that are perfect for any family. Located in the heart of Los Angeles County, this city is situated in a great location for anyone looking to commute to businesses downtown or in any of the surrounding Southern California communities. With a healthy municipal government, a wealth of community organizations and numerous other advantages that work in residents' favor, it's no wonder so many people choose to rent in this fantastic locale.
Interesting Information for Paramount Renters
- Where Paramount is located today was once the site of one of the original ranches settled by Spanish settlers of New Spain.
- The city was named for the main north-to-south surface street that went through the town in 1948, Paramount Boulevard, when the United States Postmaster General merged the Hynes and Clearwater Post Offices.
- Paramount borders Compton and Lynwood to the west, South Gate and Downey to the north, Bellflower to the east and Long Beach to the South.
- The Paramount Hay Tree, a California State Historical Landmark, is located in this town. It is a mature camphor tree that was once the site of a hay trading marketplace back when the region was known for ranches and farming.
Resources for Paramount Residents
- The city is served by both the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority and Long Beach Transit, as well as a local Easy Rider Shuttle service that operates on a fixed route.
- The Paramount Unified School District operates several schools in this and surrounding cities, including a two-campus high school.
Why Rent in Paramount?
This city has everything a renter could want, from ample public transit, to close proximity to downtown Los Angeles to an extensive school district.