Discover Houses for Rent in Lynwood, CA
Near the intersection of interstates 710 and 105, Lynwood is a city in Los Angeles County. The city is bordered by the Los Angeles River and is less than 30 minutes from Downtown Los Angeles. Los Angeles International Airport is also less than 30 minutes away for frequent travelers. Homes for rent aren't just for the business-conscious. Families will appreciate the nearby beaches like Manhattan, Hermosa and Remondo. The city itself features Lynwood Park, a great walkable downtown area, and St. Francis Medical Center. Families will love the amenities of this urban community as well as its location near many of southern California's best destinations.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Don Antonio Lugo got a massive land grant in 1810 that covered much of Los Angeles County. After he died, his land was divided among his children. After one of his daughters got the land that is currently Lynwood, it was repeatedly sold until some of it was bought and 400 acres were turned into the Lynwood Dairy and Creamery.
- Following the creamery's success, many other businesses and the railroad came through the community in the early 1900s. From there, suburban homes were built and the modern thriving community was created.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- As part of Los Angeles County, the citizens of Lynwood are lucky enough to get local news from one of the most read and respected newspapers in the U.S. The Los Angeles Times delivers local, national and international news every day.
- Operating more than a dozen schools in Lynwood, the Lynwood Unified School District helps all of the children in the city get a quality education close to home.
- Another great resource for Lynwood residents is the official city website. With upcoming community events, important municipal documents and online bill paying, the site has it all.