Find Lovely Houses for Rent in San Mateo, CA
San Mateo is south of San Francisco, nestled between the bay and the State Fish and Game Refuge. Homes for rent in this city are ideal for families who want a community focused on innovation. The location is also great for those who love nature, as both the refuge and the San Francisco Bay offer many recreational opportunities. Coyote Point has several large playgrounds for different age groups. It also features beautiful views of the water. The refuge has several campsites and is full of natural beauty.
Facts for Renters
- San Mateo has a sister city partnership with Toyonaka, Japan through the Sister City International Association. The partnership began in 1963, and for the 50th anniversary San Mateo hosted a cultural exchange program that brought dancers, baseball players and government officials to visit and teach residents about Toyonaka.
- Curiodyssey is a wildlife center in the city. Residents can see zookeepers feed the penguins, river otters and bobcats as well as take some of the animals for walks around the grounds. They can also tour the exhibits, see shows starring some of the center's creatures, and attend classes and workshops.
- The College of San Mateo was first built in the city in 1963. This is one of the three colleges that are part of the San Mateo County Community College District, which are dedicated to helping students continue their education.
Resources for Renters
- The City of San Mateo website has information on dining, events and attractions in the city for residents to experience. Residents can also sign up for text and email alerts.
KCSM provides public radio and television to the community. The station's website has a programming schedule and information on how to get involved.
- The Superior Court of California County of San Mateo website lets renters pay traffic tickets, view case records and check on juror services.