Find Houses for Rent in Belmont, CA
Belmont is next to both Redwood City and San Francisco Bay. Homes for rent in this city give families access to a high standard of living as well as plenty of natural beauty.
Facts for Renters About Belmont
- Belmont has a sister city in Namur, Belgium. The program is meant to increase cultural awareness and form international bonds between the two cities' residents.
- The name Belmont is derived from the French term "beaumount" meaning "beautiful mountain," due to the Montara Mountains and foothills near the city.
- The city was first incorporated in 1926, becoming the 11th in the county to do so.
Resources for Renters
- Belmont is home to the Notre Dame de Namur University. At its website, renters can learn about admissions, jobs and events that it hosts in the community.
- The San Mateo County Library has a branch in the city. It offers many online services, like book catalogs, research archives and eBook checkout.
- The Belmont Farmer's Market is a part of the Pacific Coast Farmer's Market Association. Dates, special events and other details are available at the group's website.
Attractions Near Belmont
There are many cultural attractions for renters in Belmont to visit. For instance, the Belmont Historical Society Museum is a great way to learn about the area's history. There are tours of the Ralston Mansion, which has beautiful antiques and architecture. The city also has plenty of shopping and restaurants for those with a taste for the finer things in life. The Belmont Plaza Shopping Center features both local and national stores. Locations like Waterfront Pizza are ideal for casual dining, while The Van's Restaurant offers more upscale options. For recreation, Belmont has 15 parks, which include options for sports, playgrounds for children and hiking.