137 Houses for Rent in Foster City, California
Number of Bedrooms
Foster City House Options
Looking for more?
Explore Gorgeous Houses for Rent in Foster City, CA
Foster City is on the coast of the San Francisco Bay near San Mateo. Homes for rent in this planned city put residents right next to Silicon Valley and the heart of the technology industry. Forbes has named it one of the best places to live in the U.S. due to the many employment opportunities it offers.
Facts for Renters
- Foster City hosts a large Fourth of July celebration every year. There's the traditional fireworks show, as well as a family and dog parade, concerts, games and carnival rides. Residents can buy from local craft vendors and eat barbecue foods. There are contests for the dogs in the parade, as well as a speed eating competition.
- Moms in the city can join the Foster City Mother's Club. It has play groups, meetings, new member socials, discounts to the zoo and gym, a babysitting co-op and hardship food services. Members can meet other mothers with similar interests, and join outings for children and parents.
- The city was once a four square-mile plot of land known as Brewer Island. Jack Foster and Sons bought the area in 1960 after levees allowed California to reclaim the land that had formerly been underwater. The first families began to live in the city in 1964.
Resources for Renters
- At the Foster City website, renters can read town meeting agendas, access animal services such as the humane society, pay utility bills, and learn about the local parks and facilities.
- Residents who enjoy civic activities and volunteer work may be interested in the Foster City Rotary Club. The membership is made up of local businessmen and community leaders who strive to improve the community.
- The Foster City Little League has been a charter league since 1966. Parents can sign their child up for a team and read the league rules online.