Discover Great Houses for Rent in Englewood, CO
Englewood is a city located in central Colorado, just a few miles south of Denver. It's part of Arapahoe County and borders Littleton and Greenwood Village. Englewood has a number of residential neighborhoods that are great for families and an easy commute into Denver. Homes for rent in the area are near a number of parks, reservoirs, recreational facilities and hospitals.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The first settlers came to Englewood during the Colorado Gold Rush in the mid-1800s. Gold was found in the Little Dry Creek, which runs to the east of the city, which brought an influx of people to the area.
- The community was originally called Orchard Place, but its name was changed to Englewood upon incorporation in 1903.
- Englewood is home to a variety of businesses, the largest of which are part of the industrial, manufacturing and medical care industries.
- Renters living in Englewood have access to a number of great recreational facilities. The Englewood Recreation Center offers fitness classes, basketball and racquetball courts and a running track. The city also has a recreational facility called the Malley Center, which is reserved for seniors. The city features 12 neighborhood parks and 8 miles of bike paths for families to enjoy.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The Englewood city website is a great resource for families who are new to the community. It provides information about the history of the area, city officials, services and local businesses.
- Children living in the city attend Englewood Public Schools. Parents can find information about academics, athletics and the school library on the district website. There are also a number of private religious schools in the city.
- For the latest breaking news and updates on community sports, events and lifestyle, renters should read the Englewood Herald.