Discover Houses for Rent in Cape Canaveral, FL
Cape Canaveral is famed as the site of famous NASA lift-offs, but the city has many other interesting elements as well. It's located in Brevard County and neighbors Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach. Families searching for homes for rent will find a welcoming community in Cape Canaveral, with locations such as Cherie Down Park, Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar, Rusty's Seafood and Oyster Bar, Cape Canaveral Public Library, Cape Winds Resort and Canaveral City Park.
Interesting Facts About Cape Canaveral
- While Native Americans originally inhabited the land of contemporary Cape Canaveral, the city owes its name to Spanish colonizers. Interestingly enough, the area of modern Cape Canaveral was subsequently settled by the English.
- Cape Canaveral served as a missile testing site for the U.S. after WWII. At the time, Cape Canaveral was sparsely populated, making it ideal for a testing site.
- The area was also the site of the burgeoning NASA space programs in the U.S. To this day, a mix of civilian and military forces work together in Cape Canaveral to assist in the development of U.S. space and military programs.
Resources for Renters
- The city of Cape Canaveral's website is a thorough guide to life and organizations in the city. Pages include city employment, city departments, ordinances, advisory boards and recreation events in the city. Other helpful pages are the general summary of the city, the city calendar, updates on what's going on in Cape Canaveral and frequently asked questions.
- Renters should peruse the website for Brevard County Schools, as this will pertain to Cape Canaveral. The site has information for parents and students, staff, departments, a summary of the county schools, the school board, election information and a resource that lets residents search the site for additional information.