Discover Houses for Rent in Cocoa Beach, FL
Cocoa Beach is a highly urban area that's located in Brevard County. The city lies directly along both the Atlantic Ocean and the Banana River, neighboring Cape Canaveral and Merritt Island. Homes for rent in Cocoa Beach provide families with a slew of stellar amenities - such as Coconuts on the Beach, Gregory's Steak & Seafood Grille, Lori Wilson Park, Cocoa Beach Aquatic Center, Cocoa Beach Country Club and Cocoa Beach Tennis Club.
Interesting Facts About Cocoa Beach
- The original settlers of what's come to be known as Cocoa Beach were freed slaves, coming to the city directly after the Civil War.
- The city was founded in 1925. However, official incorporation as a city into the state of Florida took place in 1957.
- Serious development happened on Cocoa Beach in the 1960s. This was due to the NASA Space Program, galvanized by John F. Kennedy's presidency and competition with the Soviet Union. Many individuals who worked in the Space Program lived on Cocoa Beach, helping to spur residential development in the city. The Kennedy Space Center is only 15 minutes away from Cocoa Beach - helping it to achieve its reputation as a center for highly intelligent renters.
- The city was the fictional setting for the legendary television show "I Dream of Jeannie."
Resources for Renters
- The City of Cocoa Beach has an excellent website for potential renters. An example is found on a page on the site called "City Life." This shows residents the pace and style of life in the city, activities residents can pursue while living in Cocoa Beach and a description of the dining, government and amenities in the city. There's also a detailed page on the city's government.
- Parents can find out about the educational opportunities on Cocoa Beach by visiting the website of Brevard County Schools.
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce has a website designed for residents interested in business and economic development.