Find Great Houses for Rent in Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach, a popular destination for travelers, is located in the middle of Florida's east coast, just south of Palm Coast and about 50 miles northeast of Orlando. The city is part of Volusia County and is known best for its popular NASCAR events. However, Daytona Beach is also rich with history and culture. Homes for rent in the area have access to a number of great recreational beach activities, museums and sports attractions, in addition to the headquarters of many large corporations.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- DeLeon Springs, a state park located west of Daytona Beach, was discovered in 1513 by explorer Ponce de Leon. He was searching for the Fountain of Youth at the time.
- Bill France founded NASCAR in 1948 and built the Daytona International Speedway, known as the world center of racing, in 1959.
- Daytona Beach has long been known for its beaches with hard-packed sand to allow automobiles. Races were held on the beaches in the early 1900s, and cars are still allowed onto beaches today in restricted areas.
- The city is home to the Museum of Arts and Sciences, the Southeast Museum of Photography and the Halifax Historical Museum.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The Daytona Beach website has comprehensive listings of area attractions, including restaurants, hotels and shops. There's also a listing of local cultural and sporting events.
- The Daytona Beach News-Journal is the go-to site for reporting on local businesses, entertainment, classifieds and obituaries.
- Families in the area send their children to Volusia County schools. For academic announcements, staff contact information and parent resources, visit the district website.