Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Estero, FL
Estero is a census-designated place along Florida's western coast. The community is located in Lee County, just north of Bonita Springs and south of Cape Coral. Estero is home to the Hertz Corporation headquarters and is adjacent to Florida Gulf Coast University. Homes for rent in the area allow an easy commute to either of these places, as well as the Germain Arena and a number of beaches.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- Estero was first settled in 1882 when farmers began planting citrus trees along the Estero River. The community's name comes from the Spanish word for estuary.
- The Florida Everblades, a team in the East Coast Hockey League, play their home games at Germain Arena in Estero.
- Estero is home to the Koreshan State Historic Site, the former site of the religious Koreshan Unity colony. The community had more than 200 members in the early 1900s, but declined after its founder's death in 1908. Visitors can engage in a number of recreational activities like fishing, hiking, camping and canoeing.
- While all other government services come from Lee County, Estero does have its own fire department. It was created in 1964 and was awarded Special District classification in 1976.
Resources for Future Renters
- The Estero website provides information on local schools, health care facilities, art, entertainment and recreational facilities. Residents can also stay up to date on the latest community news.
- Local businesses and their events are listed on the Estero Chamber of Commerce website.
- History buffs can learn about the development of the community from the Estero Historical Society. Their website provides a detailed history of the village starting in the 1800s.