Search for Houses to Rent in Hilliard, FL
If you're looking for a small town feel in a coastal community, Hilliard, Florida, might just be the place for you. Located on the border of Georgia and right on the Atlantic Coast, just 30 miles from Jacksonville, the community of Hilliard might provide a respite for growing families hoping to lead active lives away from bustling big cities. Despite the diminutive size, there's always something to do with your neighbors, no matter your age.
Individuals searching for homes for rent should surely consider Hilliard, Florida.
Facts for Renters in Hilliard
- Although Hilliard was incorporated in 1947, it was actually founded in 1881.
- The town was named for Civil War Confederate Army veteran Cuyler Walter Hilliard.
- Hilliard is located in Nassau County.
- The town's high school athletes are known as the Hilliard Flashes.
Resources for Hilliard Renters
- Individuals looking for ways to stay active in Hilliard should check out the Parks and Recreation Department. Here, they can find information about the town's Fitness Center, baseball parks, pool and other public areas.
Hilliard Branch Library is a great resource for individuals who want to take out the latest bestsellers and reference books.
- Those who are new to Hilliard should register with the Water and Sewer Department to make sure their accounts are in working order.
Things to Do in Hilliard
- Each year, Hilliard puts on an exciting Independence Day fireworks display. Renters who are interested should go to the Hilliard Airpark after the sun goes down for the best views.
- Those who want to participate in events like a 5K color run, arts and crafts stations and a car and tractor show, among other fun activities, may want to go to Timberfest, which is a veterans appreciation celebration that occurs annually in November.