Discover Houses for Rent in Hobe Sound, FL
Hobe Sound is a census-designated place in Martin County. It's located south of Palm City and north of Jupiter and is accessible by State Road A1A. Homes for rent in the community are surrounded by the natural environment of the Jonathan Dickinson and Atlantic Ridge Preserve state parks. Hobe Sound also features a number of golf courses that are located along the Indian River.
Facts for Future Renters
- The community was named after the Jobe Indians that inhabited the area in the 1800s. Settlers began coming to the area in the early 1900s when the railroad was built along Florida's eastern coast.
- The founders of Hobe Sound wanted to build a Greek-inspired community where movies could be filmed. In the mid-1920s, the area was called "Picture City" and roads were given names like Zeus, Saturn, Olympus and Athena. However, the community gave up on its dreams of Hollywood after being hit by a hurricane in 1928.
- Visitors travel to Hobe Beach to see the Blowing Rocks Preserve, a beach covered in limestone. During the winter, high tide forces water through holes in the rocks and creates spouts up to 50 feet high.
Useful Resources for Renters
- For information about living in Hobe Sound, renters should visit the Hobe Sound Chamber of Commerce website. It features a detailed history of the area, a comprehensive business directory and a list of local events.
- Hobe Sound is governed by officials from Martin County. The county website has contact information for different departments and officials, as well as updates on government meetings and agendas.
- There are a number of local newspapers that report on the area, including the Jupiter Courier and the Hometown News.