Find Great Houses for Rent in Jupiter, FL
The town of Jupiter is located in Palm Beach County, just outside of Palm Beach Gardens and Riviera Beach. The oceanside community is one of the northernmost suburbs of Miami, and homes for rent in the town are part of a culturally rich area. Jupiter is home to many families and has a number of popular annual community events.
Interesting Facts for Future Renters
- The town's name, which is also the name of the most powerful Roman god, inspired a neighboring town to call itself "Juno," Jupiter's consort in mythology.
- Jupiter is home to the spring training facilities for the Miami Marlins and the St. Louis Cardinals, both professional baseball teams.
- The community's most notable landmark is the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, which was built in 1860. It was once part of Fort Jupiter, a military camp established during the Seminole Indian Wars.
- Jupiter hosts a number of annual events for its residents. During the winter, the community gathers at the lighthouse for "Holidays at the Light." There's also the Jupiter Classic, a surf competition, the ArtiGras Arts Festival and the Art Fest by the Sea.
Useful Resources for Residents
- For information on the town government, departments and services, renters should visit the Town of Jupiter official website. The community offers a New Resident Guide to help people get situated in their new neighborhood.
Visit Jupiter is a great resource on area events and attractions. The website provides everything residents need to know about local shops, restaurants and recreational facilities. It also has a list of sales and hot deals.
- Families in Jupiter are served by the School District of Palm Beach County. There's one high school located within the community, as well as a private religious school.