Find Great Houses for Rent in Inverness, FL
Inverness is a city located in Citrus County along Florida's western coast. The community is the county seat and borders Floral City and Hernando. Inverness is home to a number of wildlife parks, hiking trails and lakes. The city's downtown area includes the Citrus County Historic Court House. Homes for rent in Inverness are located among scenic hills and are accessible by U.S. Route 41.
Facts for Future Renters
- The Withlacoochee State Trail is a popular attraction for residents of Inverness. It's a 46-mile paved path for joggers and bikers. The trail was originally part of a railroad line through the area, but was abandoned in 1989.
- Inverness is adjacent to the Flying Eagle Preserve, a wildlife park that covers more than 10,000 acres. There's a community park located on the preserve that includes walking trails, picnic areas, tether ball courts and a playground.
- The city's Historic Court House was built in 1912 and is the center of the downtown area. The building includes a museum that honors the history of the community.
- One of the city's biggest events is the Great American Cooter Fest, which is held every fall. It's a family festival that features live music, games, arts and crafts and the crowning of a Cooter Queen!
Resources for Renters
- The Inverness city website is the go-to source for information about the community. In addition to contact info for city officials and departments, the website has lists of recreation facilities, local events, city services, clubs and more.
- The Citrus County Chronicle is the area newspaper. It covers breaking news, sports, politics and lifestyle in Inverness and the surrounding communities. It's available in print and online.