Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Kendall, FL
Kendall is a census-designated community in Miami-Dade County. Kendall is located near Florida's southern tip and borders Pinecrest, Cutler and South Miami Heights. This unincorporated community has a large population of Colombian Americans. Homes for rent in Kendall are a short drive from the beach and are an easy commute from Miami. Residents also have access to a number of public and private schools, as well as several colleges and universities.
Facts for Future Residents
- Kendall was named after an executive of the British Land Company, which bought and mapped large portions of Florida in the 1800s.
- There are many great family attractions located in and around Kendall. The Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach has historic and contemporary pieces and exhibits from around the world. The Everglades Alligator Farm, located in Homestead, is home to more than 3,000 scaly reptiles. There are also a number of parks and gardens in the surrounding communities.
- Sports fans living in Kendall have just a short drive to watch any of Miami's professional teams. The city is home to the Florida Marlins, the Miami Dolphins, the Miami Heat and the Florida Panthers.
Resources for Renters
- Residents looking for information about the local government or community services should visit the Miami-Dade County website. Kendall is unincorporated, so it doesn't have its own officials.
- The Miami Herald reports on breaking news, community events, academics and athletics in Kendall. The community also has a small local publication called the Kendall Gazette that's available in print.
- The Miami-Dade County Public School District, one of the largest districts in the country, serves families living in Kendall and the surrounding communities. Parents should visit the district website for information on zoning, applications, academic calendars and athletics.