Discover Houses for Rent in Panama City Beach, FL
Panama City Beach is an urban location in Bay County. The city is found along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Families searching for homes for rent will also be able to travel to prominent cities in the vicinity of Panama City Beach, such as Panama City. Amenities and notable locations within Panama City Beach include Emerald Coast Miracle League, Mike's Cafe and Oyster Bar, Bayou Bill's Crab House, Publix Super Market at Ocean Park Pavilion and a number of others.
History of Panama City Beach
- The modern settlement of Panama City Beach began in the late 1800s. Prior to this, the area was inhabited by Native American tribes.
- Fishing was a dominant economic staple of early settlers, given the high levels of fish in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The St. Andrews Bay, located in close proximity to Panama City Beach, was named by Spanish explorers in the area.
- The waters of the Gulf of Mexico that are close to Panama City Beach have provided an abundant amount of material for interested scuba divers and other divers. In fact, the area was once referred to as the "Wreck Diving Capital of the Southeast" by Skin Diver Magazine.
- Panama City Beach was founded in 1936.
Resources for Renters
Panama City Beach has a website emblazoned with the slogan "Real.Fun.Beach." It has a number of helpful features that will guide renters through life in a new city. For example, "Things to Do" lists fun activities that can be pursued in the city, such as fishing, diving, water activities, shopping, marinas, musical festivals, arts and culture and a number of others. The website also contains information about beaches and restaurants in the city.
Bay District Schools has a website that provides parents of Panama City Beach with need-to-know information regarding education in the county.