Discover Houses for Rent in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Santa Rosa Beach is a small community found in Walton County, close to Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach. Santa Rosa Beach is close to Fort Walton Beach and Santa Rosa Island. Families searching for homes for rent can explore many locations in Santa Rosa Beach, such as Lion Park and the Hogtown Bayou, while residents can also head to locations on nearby Santa Rosa Island, such as Navarre Beach Park, Sound Side Park, Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and many more.
Facts About Santa Rosa Beach and Santa Rosa Island
- Santa Rosa Beach is close to Santa Rosa Island, which can foster learning about the area for interested renters.
- Santa Rosa Island boasts white sand beaches that almost totally consist of quartz.
- Middens were excavated on the island, revealing many details regarding the early history of Santa Rosa Island. For example, the excavation demonstrated that Native Americans were the earliest inhabitants of the island.
- There were multiple Spanish colonies located on Santa Rosa Island in the 18th century.
- Pensacola Beach takes up 30 percent of Santa Rosa Island. The land on Pensacola Beach is mostly used for public service and public use, but a smaller percentage is used for residential and commercial purposes.
- Santa Rosa Island houses Fort Pickens, which was one of the forts that was constructed to provide protection for the island during the Civil War.
- There's a ton of interesting wildlife on Santa Rosa Island, such as reptiles, birds, amphibians, dolphins and many more.
Resources for Renters
Walton County's official website has indispensable information for residents living in Santa Rosa Beach. This includes services for citizens, such as a calendar, forms, a resource directory, quick links and facilities, among other helpful pages.
Walton County School District's website has pages that will be useful for parents, such as an description of the district and a map of the district.