Explore Houses for Rent in Tallahassee
Titusville is located in Brevard County, near Rockledge and Edgewater Florida. The historic downtown area is painted with shops, restaurants and a riverside park. Within a mile is a great location to see manatees and other sea life at the Titusville Municipal Marina. Turtle watching and surfing are just a few activities that give the town a laid back atmosphere for families looking to rent.
Interesting Points About Titusville FL
- Col. Henry Titus founded the city in the late 1800s when he donated a large amount of land intended for a church.
- From the shores of Titusville you can watch rockets on the pad, ignition and during liftoff from the NASA launch site.
- Families can get a more in-depth astronaut experience by visiting The Kennedy Space Center which has been the departure gate for every trip Americans have made to outer space.
- Bird lovers, surfers and fishermen gather at the Canaveral National Seashore, located on Route 402. The natural barrier island hosts a plethora of wildlife, which can sometimes be spotted from a guided evening tour.
- To dive into the city's historic past, walking tours are available that explore the old school house, bank and steamboat wharf.
Resources for Renters
- The city's official website holds general information on the area, like weather and things to do.It has a section for rocket launches and the marina. Newcomers can find listings for emergency contacts here.
- The Chamber of Commerce website is full of facts about the area as well as resources for employment, education and even coupons.