Discover Houses for Rent in Cocoa, FL
Cocoa is found in Brevard County along the Indian River. Cocoa is right next to Merritt Island, and it neighbors Rockledge. Families looking for homes for rent will find an environment in Cocoa that's geared toward long-term living, with locations such as Byrd Plaza, Chaparral Mexican Grill, Blue Marlin Pools and Topline Appliance of Cocoa.
Interesting Facts About Cocoa
- Coming as no surprise given the city's location, Cocoa was founded by fishermen.
- Commercial buildings in Cocoa were established in the late 1800s.
- The area of modern Cocoa was originally called Indian River City, though this was deemed too long a name by the U.S. postal authorities. The small settlement became known as Cocoa in 1884.
- The Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Indian River Railway came to Cocoa in the late 1800s, helping to spark development in the city.
- Cape Canaveral's close location to Cocoa helped galvanize the tourism industry in the city.
- Prominent landmarks include the Porcher House, The Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse and Historic Cocoa Village.
Resources for Renters
Cocoa's official website has a wealth of excellent resources, like an Alert Center that informs renters about prominent news going on in the city, such as road closings. A page called "Community" breaks down into a number of relevant topics, such as the Space Coast Office of Tourism, employment opportunities and history and culture. The site also lists community improvement projects, a photo gallery, a public records search and a number of other resources.
- The Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce website will provide residents of Cocoa with valuable pieces of information about jobs and economic opportunity in the area. There's information about joining the chamber, a business directory, events and seminars the chamber puts on and job postings, among many more resources for new residents.