Discover Houses for Rent in Wildwood, FL
If you're looking for a little piece of countryside to call your own, Wildwood, Florida is right up your alley. It's wedged between Leesburg and The Villages, just at the juncture of Interstate 75. Wildwood's rural landscape offers plenty to enjoy in nature including lakes and horses. It's the best of both worlds because there's plenty to do in the peaceful city. A variety of restaurants and activities make it a great place for families looking to rent. Whether you prefer solitude or a little action, Wildwood is your place.
Interesting Facts about Wildwood
- The founder of Wildwood was a 25-year-old traveling businessman by the name of I.E. Barwick.
- In 1908, the first city hall building was erected. It was called "the wigwam". Later, in 1925, a second one was built.
- Lake Sumter Landing, just a short drive from the center of town, is a little area that sits right on the water. Families can watch the sunset while grabbing a bite to eat. Boutiques make for a fun shopping experience and The Old Mill playhouse has movie showings. Each night there's free entertainment in the area.
- Wildwood is home to drag racing legend Don "Big Daddy" Garlit's car museum. Visitors can check out old car parts and learn about the drivers. The museum offers private tours and events, which are advertised on its website.
Resources for Renters
- Navigate the city's official website to access information on government, committees and to learn about job opportunities. The community calendar highlights upcoming events.
- Visit the chamber of commerce to learn about business and tax data.
- For local coverage of town events, education and news visit the Villages News.