Discover Houses for Rent in Leesburg, FL
Leesburg is a city located in Lake County that's surrounded by a series of lakes, including Lake Griffin, Lake Harris, Lake Denham, Lake Eustis and Silver Lake. Leesburg is northwest of Orlando. Homes for rent in Leesburg give residents a chance to spend time at the Venetian Garden, Veteran's Memorial At Fountain, Southside Shopping Center, Leesburg Mote-Morris House and many more locations.
Interesting Facts About Leesburg
- Leesburg is the oldest city in Lake County. The city once served as the county seat for Sumter County.
- The city was founded in 1857.
- Leesburg was officially incorporated into Florida in the summer of 1875.
- Evander Lee was one of the early inhabitants of the city and is the namesake of Leesburg.
- The city hall that the government of Leesburg still uses was constructed in 1926.
- The Venetian Garden in Leesburg was worked on by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930s.
Resources for Renters
Leesburg's official website has a number of unique features, such as a page called "In the Spotlight" that profiles civic funding for local nonprofit organizations. Other pages on the site include "What's New" and "Calendar All In One," which provides a comprehensive guide to events going on in Leesburg. A page called "About Us" describes what life is currently like in the city. A page called "Visitors" refers users to a history of the city. Residents, business, government and "I Want To" are the remaining pages on the site.
Lake County Schools has a website that will inform residents of Leesburg about the educational opportunities for their children in the city and larger county. Pages include district, parents and students, school board, departments and programs, a directory, grades, upcoming events and local events.