Find Great Houses for Rent in Wilton Manors, FL
Individuals hoping to seek out homes for rent in Wilton Manors, Florida, will find themselves in a beautiful, comfortable, seaside community with close proximity to the big city, so they can rest assured that there's always something to do. Situated just fewer than 30 miles from Miami, Wilton Manors is a bustling community filled with warm individuals willing to welcome newcomers into the fold.
There are plenty of exciting things to do outside the town, but even more activities to participate in within the town lines.
Interesting Facts about Wilton Manors
- Wilton Manors is also known as "The Island City," as it is surrounded by water - the north and south forks of Middle River.
- Wilton Manors has a long history, having been settled by both the Seminole and Tequesta tribes.
- Originally, Wilton Manors was called Colohatchee - which means Collier's by the River, after founder William Collier - by the Seminoles.
- The city earned its current moniker in the 1920s, when developer Edward Willingham laid out the area's plans, who developed the city as a community for wealthy entrepreneurs.
Resources for Wilton Manors Renters
- Individuals new to the area should definitely check out the Parks and Recreation Division of the Leisure Services Department. Here, they can find information about the city's three community centers, as well as programs, planned activities, parks and public space rental opportunities.
- Renters who have recently moved to the city and are without employment may want to contact the Human Resources Department, as there are many city career opportunities and support for those who are on the job hunt.
- Those who want to enroll their children in school should consult with the city's official website's Schools Page. Here, they can find contact information for the six schools in the area, two of which are located within Wilton Manors.