Find Ideal Houses for Rent in Oakland Park, FL
Those who are looking for homes for rent in Oakland Park, Fla., have many beautiful and affordable options to choose from. Additionally, with the city being just under 4 1/2 miles from Fort Lauderdale and within close proximity to many beaches, there are lots of activity options. This increasingly popular residential area has much to offer, whether you want casual dining or a fun day out in the sun.
Fun Facts About Oakland Park
- Originally called Floanada, the city renamed itself after a hurricane in 1926. During the reincorporation period, residents opted for the name Oakland Park.
- The Oakland Park Elementary School was built in 1925 and remains open today. It's on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Home to more than 20 public parks, the city lives up to its tagline of being "A city on the move." Residents have their choice when it comes to finding basketball courts, jogging tracks, playgrounds and bike paths.
Top Resources for Oakland Park Renters
- Check out Oakland Park's official city website, where weekly events are listed and prospective renters can learn about local government initiatives or what the latest kid-friendly activities are.
- Also, look to Downtown Oakland Park, which strives to showcase the latest cultural news and highlight local business exhibits.
Things to Do in Oakland Park
Because it's in close proximity to the beach, soaking up some rays is always a good choice when the weather is permitting in Oakland Park. Dining options vary from barbecue joints to homestyle restaurants that serve breakfast all day. On nights when you can get a babysitter, consider checking out the Funky Buddha Brewery, which is the first industrial microbrewery in Broward County and the largest operation of its kind in South Florida.