Find Houses for Rent in Ringgold, GA
Ringgold is a city located within Catoosa County. It's approximately a half hour from the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Homes for rent in Ringgold allow families to take a trip back in time by visiting Trestle Side Antiques, enjoy the beauty of the outdoors by going to Elsie Homes Nature Park or visit one of Chattanooga Valley's oldest sites at The Georgia Winery.
Facts for Renters
- The city was incorporated in 1847. Before the town was incorporated, it was initially known as Cross Roads and later renamed Ringgold after Maj. Sam Ringgold. Ringgold died in the first battle of the Mexican-American War.
- There are other towns with the same name, including Ringgold, Virginia, and Ringgold, Louisiana.
- Before the town was incorporated, the town clerk was paid $96 plus extra fees.
- One of the town's most prominent residents early on was Nancy Ward, who fed and clothed Gen. George Washington's army during the Revolutionary War.
- The town has a rich history of battles, especially during the Civil War.
- Residents can take a walk down the Chickamauga Creek in downtown Ringgold.
Resources for Renters
- Find out what other activities families can partake in, learn more about the extensive history of the town or discover the times of local events such as the Haunted Depot on the town website.
- Get your daily fix for any type of news or current events and even learn what to expect for the weather that day using The Catwalk Chatt website.
- Learn how to enroll your children in local schools, how to get on the school board or get just basic parent information using the Catoosa County Public Schools website.