Find Great Houses for Rent in Schiller Park, IL
If you're looking to move your family to a city that acts as both a business hub and safe place for children to grow, you should look for homes for rent in Schiller Park, Illinois. As part of Cook County, Schiller Park is in close proximity to Chicago and acts as an intersection where different companies and industries can meet.
Fun Facts for Renters in Schiller Park
- Schiller Park is near the Tri-State Tollway, the Canadian National rail yard, O'Hare International Airport and many arterial roads. This makes the city a bit of a business hub, and because of all the travelers passing through, hospitality is a major industry.
- Before white settlers came, the area known today as Schiller Park was mainly inhabited by the Potawatomi, Ottawa and Ojibwe Indian tribes.
- Beginning in 1850, immigrants from Germany began to come. Two decades later, Polish, Italian and Spanish settlers followed them.
- Schiller Park was incorporated in 1914.
- In 1990, Schiller Park erected the Memorial Wall for veterans.
- Schiller Park is little more than 18 miles away from the major metropolis of Chicago, which is an opportune place for shopping, fine dining and entertainment.
- Families can take their children to any of seven parks.
Resources for Renters in Schiller Park
- The economic development page of the city's website links to information for business owners, including how to handle various zoning requirements.
- Schiller Park is served by School District 81, which includes students from preschool to grade eight. Children's school experience can be further enriched by participation in several different activities, including sports, drama clubs, music-related clubs and the International Math and Science Academy.
- Vehicle stickers and water bills can be paid online.