Find Houses for Rent in River Grove, IL
Families who want to live somewhere that promotes a sense of community while maintaining a sense of modernity would serve themselves well by looking for homes for rent in River Grove, Illinois. River Grove boasts a vibrant local business sector, an engaging college campus and easy connections to the major metropolis of Chicago.
Fun Facts for River Grove Renters
- Whether you need to work in Chicago or just enjoy taking frequent pleasure trips to the city, you can drive just under 15 miles east, or take a Pace Bus line.
- River Grove fosters active engagement with veterans and features local chapters of both the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion.
- The River Grove Historical Commission meets once a month to promote efforts to preserve historical sites, including the Historical House and Barn, for future generations.
- Among the schools in River Grove is Triton College, which is home to the Cernan Earth and Space Center. The center is open to the public and features a planetarium and dome theater, where visitors can enjoy Earth and sky shows, children's shows and laser light shows.
Resources for River Grove Renters
- In cases of extreme seasonal temperatures, the River Grove Senior/Community Center acts as a cooling or warming center to provide relief for residents.
- Households that include elderly relatives can take advantage of various senior services, including nutrition counseling, cellphones for emergency use, exercise classes, movie nights, shopping trips and tours.
- The village website includes a directory for local businesses as a way to encourage residents to support the local economy.
- The public school district includes three schools and Triton College. Parents also have their choice of a private elementary school and a private college preparatory high school.