61 Houses for Rent in Marshalltown, Iowa
Number of Bedrooms
Marshalltown House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Marshalltown, IA
Marshalltown is located south of Grinnell and Newton, along the Iowa River. This city has homes for rent in an area that's considered one of the most beautiful in the state, filled with innovative industries and a healthy economy.
Facts for Renters About Marshalltown
- The original settler of the city was a man named Henry Anson. He was the one to originally dub Marshalltown the "Prettiest place in Iowa" in 1851.
- Marshalltown became the county seat of Marshall County in 1863 after the citizens raised money to build a courthouse on land Anson had donated.
- Anson's son Adrian played Big League baseball for 27 years, starting off on the Philadelphia Athletics in 1872. He has been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Resources for Renters
- The City of Marshalltown official website has a calendar of events, various forms and information on boards and committees.
- Renters can use the Marshalltown Convention and Visitors Bureau page to learn more about local attractions, events and conventions in the area.
- Details on school events, lunch menus and sports can be found at the Marshalltown Community School District website.
To see some of the city's beauty, renters can check out the many parks and conservation areas. These include the Grimes Farm and Conservation Center, the Glick-Sower Heritage Homestead and the Appleberry Farm. There are also several unique attractions in the area. For instance, in Gladbrook, renters can see Matchstick Marvels, where an artist turns matchsticks into detailed sculptures. There's also the Matthew Edel Blacksmith Shop, a preserved blacksmith shop that offers a full range of smithing services to visitors. The region's festivals are also fun for renters to enjoy. Every June, there's the State Center Rose Festival, and in July there's the Central Iowa Fair. This region provides year-round entertainment to renters.
Additional Houses For Rent
Common questions asked in Marshalltown, Iowa
🏠 Where can I find cheap rental houses in Marshalltown, Iowa?
Check out Rentals.com's cheap rental houses in Marshalltown. You can use our price filters to find rental houses under $700, under $900, under $1100, under $1300
🏠 How big of a rental house can I afford?
Find Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom, 4 Bedroom rental houses within your budget in Marshalltown, Iowa. Or you can search for houses over 600 sq.ft, 800 sq.ft, 1000 sq.ft, 1200 sq.ft, 1400 sq.ft.
🏠 How can I find a rental house in a specific school district?
Rentals.com was built with parents in mind. Within Marshalltown we have 61 rental houses spread across multiple school districts. To help narrow your search, simply enter the school name within the Rentals.com search bar to find rental homes in that school district.