Unveil Your Next House for Rent in North Liberty, IA
North Liberty is a city in Johnson County, Iowa, that's situated near Coralville and Iowa City. As a suburb of the larger city, it's got a lot going on for those looking for homes for rent outside of the big-city atmosphere but within easy commuting distance. With multiple awards, from All-Star Community to Iowa Great Place and Playful City USA, and small-town charm with all the necessary amenities, North Liberty is the ideal place for new families to put down roots.
Interesting Historical Facts About North Liberty
- The area was first settled in 1838 by John Gaylor and Alonzo Dennison.
- The community went through several names over the years, starting with "Big Bottom" or "North Bend" (in reference to its location near the Iowa River). It was later known as "Squash Bend" before finalizing its current name in 1857.
- North Liberty was incorporated on Nov. 10, 1913, with a population of just 190 people.
Helpful Resources for New Renters in North Liberty
- The city of North Liberty has an in-depth website full of all kinds of resources that new renters will use regularly. From information about community services like leaf pickup, recreation and aquatic centers, utility options and more, to upcoming events, community news and department contacts, everything you need to connect with the community is on this site.
- Check out the North Liberty Community Library's website for a calendar of exciting events, online library catalog and more information about everything the library has to offer its citizens.
- New renters who are looking for volunteer opportunities in their new community can benefit from the North Liberty Community Pantry website. With the mission to feed and clothe the city's neighbors, it's a great way to do your part and get involved.