18 Houses for Rent in Orono, Maine
Orono House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Look for the Perfect House for Rent in Orono, ME
Orono is a town in Maine's Penobscot County. It's situated right near Old Town and Glenburn on the Penobscot River. As the home of the University of Maine, Orono is a college town with a youthful feel and plenty of activities going on. Homes for rent in Orono are ideal for young families looking for a friendly, modern community to settle down in.
Historical Facts About Orono
- Jeremiah Colburn and Joshua Ayers were the first settlers in Orono, arriving in 1774. At the time, the area was part of Massachusetts.
- John Bennoch and Andrew Webster were prominent lumbermen who took advantage of the river's water power and transportation opportunities in the early 1800s. They helped boost the town's economy and pave the way for future success.
- Orono was incorporated on March 12, 1806, and it included the area that's now Old Town. Old Town separated from Orono years later in 1840.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Orono's official website has tons of information for new renters to take advantage of. On the site, you can find everything from upcoming events and attractions to department information, government contacts, local amenities and service clubs. It'll keep you up to date on what's happening in town.
- Those interested in pursuing higher education should check out the University of Maine's website. There, you can not only read up on the educational offerings, but see what kind of public events and activities are going on at the school.
- Renters who love being active and spending time outdoors would do well to visit the Orono Parks and Recreation page. On the site, you can sign yourself or your kids up for activities like softball, soccer, camps, field hockey and more.