92 Houses for Rent in Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Number of Bedrooms
Old Orchard Beach House Options
Looking for more?
Search Perfect Houses for Rent in Old Orchard Beach, ME
Old Orchard Beach is a town in York County, Maine. Located on Saco Bay, it's south of Scarborough and northeast of Biddeford. As part of the Portland-South Portland-Biddeford metropolitan area, Old Orchard Beach offers plenty of the attractions and amenities that new renters look for in a community. Homes for rent in the area are situated in charming neighborhoods with friendly neighbors and verdant landscapes.
Interesting Facts About Old Orchard Beach
- The town stretches along 7 miles of Atlantic shoreline in Saco Bay.
- The first settler in the area was Thomas Rogers, who established "Garden by the Sea" in 1657. A few years later, Rogers' home was burned by attacking Native Americans despite the efforts of local militiamen.
- The "old" apple orchard that the town is named after was a landmark to sailors for many years. It was situated on high land above the long sand beach.
- The first restaurant in Old Orchard Beach to sell seafood and "shore dinners" opened in 1851.
- The Grand Trunk Railroad opened in 1853, and it connected Montreal to Old Orchard Beach. This made it possible for Canadians to visit during vacations.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Old Orchard Beach has a website with plenty of links that new residents can use to get acquainted with the town. There, you'll find information about everything from local news to upcoming attractions, meeting minutes, local departments and more.
- The Visit Maine site has a whole page dedicated to the beaches on the state's southern coast. You can find all kinds of things to do after getting settled in by checking out the site.
- Head to York County's website for more details about the local area, including attractions, employment opportunities and more.