96 Houses for Rent in Westbrook, Maine
Number of Bedrooms
Westbrook House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Westbrook, ME
Westbrook is a town located in Cumberland County. Some nearby cities include Portland, Falmouth and Old Orchard Beach. Families looking for homes for rent will be delighted by the large amount of community-oriented activities available in this coastal town. People who enjoy spending time outside will have fun exploring the Westbrook River Walk and Smiling Hill Farm. Westbrook is a great spot for kids - they'll have a blast playing at the Peekaboo Children's Center or getting involved in a game of laser tag at Joker's Family Fun and Games. Adults can unwind by grabbing a tee time at the Twin Falls Golf Club or catching a movie at Cinemagic.
Facts for Renters
- Westbrook was originally part of Falmouth and went by the name Saccarappa. When it was eventually made its own town, its original name was Stroudwater. The area earned the name Westbrook in the late 19th century after Col. Thomas Westbrook, one of the community's earliest settlers.
- The town was a hub of industry throughout the 19th century, with mills and manufacturing fueling the region's economy. Some of the major products produced by Westbrook factories included wheels, harnesses, shoes, bricks and flour.
- Westbrook contains a few bodies of water, including the Presumpscot River, the Stoudwater River and Highland Lake.
Resources for Renters
- People who may want to rent a home in Westbrook should explore the town's website.
- Families with children should check out the town's public education options by visiting the Westbrook School Department's website.
- The Walker Memorial Library's site is a great resource for people interested in learning more about community events and opportunities.