Discover Houses for Rent in Concord, MA
A quintessential New England town, Concord has a long and spectacular history. Though the community has an impressive heritage, it isn't out of touch with the world of today. Concord currently hosts many active and thriving businesses and has access to a commuter rail line to Boston, only 20 miles away. Thanks to the town's distinguished legacy and contemporary lifestyle, homes for rent in Concord are sure to catch the eyes of many.
What Should Concord Renters Know?
- Concord was the first settlement - incorporated in 1635 - in Massachusetts to be established on an unnavigable river and inland from the ocean.
- Several of America's finest literary figures called Concord home during the course of the mid-1800s, including Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.
- The "shot heard round the world" was fired in Concord on April 19, 1775, initiating the first armed conflict of the American Revolutionary War.
- The site of Thoreau's wilderness homestead, Walden Pond, is right on the edge of town and is open to visitors.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Concord
- The official website of the Town of Concord provides many useful links pertaining to the local government's various departments and functions.
- The Concord Chamber of Commerce hosts a website with information about local businesses, events and offices.
- To learn more about the commuter rail line in Concord, renters can check out the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority website.
Things to Do in Concord
For a community of only 16,000 people, there's quite a bit to do in Concord, especially for those interested in culture and the arts. The town has its own cultural district, which is home to the Concord Performing Arts Center. Numerous art museums and galleries may also be found throughout the area, such as the Emerson Umbrella Center for the Arts. A trip to beautiful Walden Pond, or one of Concord's other green spaces, can be a wonderful way to spend some time outdoors. Of course, the lively metropolis of Boston is only a 30-minute drive away should you be in the mood for some urban indulgences.