Discover Great Houses For Rent in Billerica, MA
If you're in the market for homes for rent in Middlesex County just north of Boston, you should consider Billerica, Mass. It's a town that takes pride in its history and is a great place for sports and recreation, serving as the birthplace for many legendary athletes.
Interesting Facts About Billerica
- Asa Pollard, the first man killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill, is one of the main reasons why the area contributed greatly to the birth of the United States.
- Tom Glavine and Gary DiSarcina, two all-time great baseball players, are both from Billerica.
- Four hockey players, including former great Tom Fitzgerald, are from Billerica.
- Because of the notable athletes who have come from the town, Sports Illustrated magazine once named Billerica as one of the 50 best towns in America for sports and recreation.
Important Resources for Billerica Residents
- The town's official website is loaded with information that can connect residents to their public officials and learn about town services.
- The town's unofficial website is made by citizens and also provides a bevy of useful links and other sources of important information.
- Billerica's Wicked Local page allows residents to keep up with the news pertinent to their community.
Things to Do in and Around Billerica
- There are museums in and around the town, particularly in nearby Lowell, that are great places for buffs to learn about the rich history of the region. Historic landmarks commemorate the contribution the area made in the Revolutionary War and also provide insights on what life was like during the early days of the town.
- If your kids get caught up in the sports culture of Billerica, you can always take a ride into Boston to see the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox play during their respective seasons. The New England Patriots play on the other side of the city and you can get to the stadium in under an hour.