Discover Incredible Houses For Rent in Bedford, MA
Bedford, Mass., is one of the many historic towns in Middlesex County, located slightly north of Boston. It's considered part of the Greater Boston area, meaning those looking for homes for rent in the town can rely on living in close proximity to the big city, but it's also very much its own town with its own history, geography and resources for residents. There's plenty going on in Bedford for history buffs, those who want a break from Boston's big-city atmosphere and those who want to take the time to visit the state's capital.
Interesting Facts About Bedford
- Bedford dates back to the earliest days of Massachusetts. John Winthrop, Massachusetts' first governor, came to the land in 1630, and eventually he made his way to Bedford.
- Bentley College, one of the more prestigious schools in education-heavy Massachusetts, is located in Waltham, a quick drive down the road, and has branched out into parts of Bedford.
- Bedford is home to many historical sites, including the Wilson Mill, Old Burying Ground, the Job Lane House and the original Bedford Flag that was taken to the battle of Lexington and Concord in 1775.
Important Resources for Bedford Residents
- The town's official website has information about services, public officials and upcoming community events.
- The community takes a lot of pride in itself, so it's important to stay up on the town's latest news and learn what your friends and neighbors are doing with the Bedford Wicked Local page.
Fun Things to Do in and Around Bedford
- There are numerous parks and state forests in the area for those who like to get outside. Some of the more prominent include the Great Brook Farm State Park, the Georgetown Rowley State Forest and Franklin Park.
- If you want to get away to the big city, Boston is less than a 30-minute drive away.