Your Next House for Rent Could Be in Blair, NE
Blair is the county seat of Washington County, Nebraska. It's part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area, and it's situated near Bennington and the DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge. Its convenient location means that commuters living in homes for rent will have easy access to several modes of transportation, including U.S. Highway 30, U.S. Highway 75 and Nebraska Highway 91. Interstate 29 and Interstate 80 are also nearby.
Historical Information About Blair
- Blair was created when the Sioux City & Pacific Railroad decided to cross the river at that spot. The route didn't go through the existing river towns of DeSoto and Cuming City, so a whole new town was needed.
- To get the building process started, a 1,075-acre tract of land was purchased and platted, which sold at auction in 1869. John I. Blair, an official of the railroad, bought the entire plot. He planned the city and named it after himself.
- The town wanted an election to relocate the county seat, which was in Fort Calhoun at the time. Blair ended up winning, so a courthouse had to be built.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Blair's official city website for more information about the community and all kinds of information to help you settle down in a house for rent. It has details about the local government, area services, department contact information and announcements.
- BlairNebraska.com is another resource that's worth looking into to learn more about the city. It outlines the local school system, recreation opportunities and attractions that new renters may be interested in.
- The Blair Area Chamber of Commerce can clue you in to the local businesses and give you more information about what's going on in the surrounding community.
- The Washington County Pilot Tribune & Enterprise is a local news source that can keep you up to date on local happenings and events.