272 Houses for Rent in Fremont, Nebraska
Number of Bedrooms
Fremont House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Unique Houses for Rent in Fremont, NE
Fremont is the county seat of Dodge County, Nebraska. It's located near Omaha and Arlington in the eastern part of the state. Homes for rent offer residents access to all of the amenities they expect in a hometown, including shopping opportunities, services, dining options and recreational areas. Its location also makes it a wonderful place to settle down if you're commuting to Omaha but want a quieter neighborhood to call home.
Historical Facts About Fremont
- Land speculators planned the town along the Platte River in 1856. It was named after Gen. John C. Fremont, who had originally explored the region.
- The transcontinental railroad brought three different lines through the city by 1906, which brought more people and helped to boost the local economy.
- Because of its location on the railways, Fremont became a manufacturing center that exported goods like brooms, carriages, cigars, wagons and lumber.
- The first school in Fremont opened in 1858 to prepare students for jobs.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Fremont's official website for resources that will help you get settled in the community. It has everything from department contact information to local government details, services, upcoming events, community calendars and more.
- The Fremont & Dodge County Convention & Visitors Bureau is a great resource if you're looking for information about the surrounding area as well as fun things to do locally with your family.
- The Fremont Tribune is the local news source for everything Fremont-related. The online edition will help keep you up to date on what's happening in the community.
- The Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce's website can clue you in to what's around as far as local businesses, and it also has details on upcoming attractions and events for you and your family to enjoy.